Administration and installation¶
At the moment, iscan-server is only supported on Ubuntu.
Running analyses via script currently do not work with the docker installation. If you plan on writing/running automated scripts, rather than interacting with the data via the web interface, use the non-Dockerized version.
Much of this documentation is meant to be more technical and is geared towards advanced users interested in setting up their own ISCAN servers, either on a desktop computer for local use or on a dedicated server for communal use. Please see the ISCAN Tutorials section for more information and a walk-through on how to use ISCAN once it has been set up. Please see the troubleshooting section below for a continuously-updated set of solutions to common installation or maintenence issues.
- Installation via Docker
- Use & workflow via Docker
- Installation without using Docker
- Server administration
- Apache server configuration
- Troubleshooting common issues
- A web interface, with which the user can manage and analyze corpora, written in Angular
- A Python API, PolyglotDB, which communicates between the web interface and the back-end web framework, using Django
- A relational database, which manages metadata about Polyglot databases, using PostgreSQL
- Message and job queues for working with asynchronous tasks, using RabbitMQ and Celery